Executive search firms Hanson Green and Directorbank have merged.
Directorbank acquired Hanson Green in 2008 and to date both brands have continued to operate as separate entities focused on different yet adjacent markets within the executive search space.
The decision to consolidate the two brands under the Directorbank name stems from the natural evolution of the firms’ business interests which have become significantly aligned.
Over recent years, Hanson Green’s client base has expanded out from the FTSE to encompass the AIM, Small Cap and privately-owned sectors. Additionally, its service offering has widened beyond NED assignments to include Chairman and executive roles.
Whilst the PE industry remains Directorbank’s core market, the firm has increasingly offered value across the full spectrum of SME businesses looking to access high calibre entrepreneurial candidates to drive growth and change. In the last year alone, the contribution from assignments in the privately-owned and AIM sector increased more than 30%.
With such overlap the time is right to bring the two companies together as one holistic team with a united mission.
The consolidation will result in a single clear brand with a stronger proposition. A cohesive focus will drive efficiencies across the business resulting in wider market reach, deeper networks and shared expertise. Streamlined support functions, particularly in research and marketing, will further improve delivery capacity and execution capability.
The timing coincides with the departure of Hanson Green’s longest standing Founding Partner, Peter Waine, who retires after 30 successful years with the company.
Graham Jones, Managing Partner, comments:
“We have invested significantly in the Directorbank brand to build equity and client loyalty, and also to extend its reach. To maintain its identity is the logical conclusion. Directorbank has had a strong year for PE portfolio assignments, but has also seen a 40% rise in retained search assignments from right across the mid-market. The convergence of the two businesses will further strengthen Directorbank’s position as a leading provider of executive and non-executive talent, particularly in the upper realms of the mid market.”
About Directorbank, the consolidated firm:
- Specialists in sourcing Chairmen, NEDs, CEOs, FDs and other critical senior positions for privately-owned, PE-backed and AIM listed businesses
- Market leading network of highly experienced entrepreneurial executive and non-executive directors from across the SME market. Many have proven PE exposure.
- Comprehensive track record across all key sectors.
- Strong team of search professionals with 15+ years experience and strong mid-market understanding.
- Dedicated team of researchers.
- Main offices in London, Leeds and Frankfurt providing coverage of the European market.
- Unique pre-deal service to Private Equity.